Sunday, January 1, 2017

New Year Greeting In 2017, Happy New Year!!

A Happy New Year!!
These dishes in the photo above are Japanese traditional New Year's dishes called "Osechi Dishes". In Japan, families and friends get together and enjoy these dishes with Sake during New Year celebration period (between January 1st and 3rd). 

Actually the "Osechi Dishes" would be different in almost each family. Even in one family it can be different because there are huge variety for these traditional cooking and almost every legion has some local special dishes/styles. So the dishes in the photos are just my tradition and it's not completely same with my mother's since I added some dishes I'd like to have and also took in my husband's family's tradition. 

However, in the dishes above there are many typical traditional Osechi dishes which many families cook as standards. If you are interested in each dishes, please check my previous post in 2016, "Introduction of Major Osechi Dishes" (Please click here)! 

Hope you will enjoy my blogs in 2017!

No comments:

Post a Comment