Tuesday, April 19, 2016

A Photo Of After Sakura: It Is Called 'Hazakura'

As I wrote many topics about Sakura in my posts, Japanese pay a lot of attention to Sakura even before it blooms and after the flower falls. Therefore there are many words related to "Sakura (cherry blossoms)" in Japanese language. “Hazakura” is one of the words which means Sakura-With-Leaves (Cherry-Blossoms-Trees-With-Leaves).

Since most Sakura flowers bloom without leaves in early spring, right after the flowers scatters the young leaves come out, and "Hazakura" is the word describing the status of tree. Sakura trees with young fresh green leaves as shown in the photo above. The term includes the meaning of "after flowers", and it is often used when people want to express "It is too late for going to Hanami" or "Hanami (Seasonal Flowers Viewing) party season ended".

For example, people use it in a conversation such as 

“Hey, I just came back from my business trip. Why don’t we go to Yozakura(Night-View-Of-Sakura) seeing tonight at Ueno Park?” 
“Oh, I don't think it's possible. I saw it already became Hazakura this morning”
"Really!? I missed Hanami drinking this year!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment